☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/2cup red currant jelly
1/2cup port wine, good quality
2teaspoons orange rind, grated
1cup cherries, sweet, pitted
1/2cup red currants or cup black currants (optional)
2cups strawberries, hulled,halved
How to Make Layered Berries in Port
- Combine jelly, port and orange rind in a small pot.
Stir and bring to a boil.
- Boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Take off heat and cool.
- Place a layer of cherries in bottom of glass bowl, drizzle on a little syrup.
- Add a layer of currants and drizzle with sauce.
- Add a layer of blueberries and drizzle with sauce.
- Add a layer of strawberries and drizzle with sauce.
- Add a layer of raspberries and drizzle with sauce.
- Add a final layer of blackberries and drizzle with remaining sauce.
- Garnish with sprigs of mint.
- Chill until ready to serve.