☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 pkg
- refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 C
- orange juice, frozen concentrate
- 8 oz
- cream cheese
- 3/4 c
- 2 Tbsp
- corn starch
- 1 Tbsp
- vanilla extract
- 1/3 c
- fresh fruits for topping, strawberries, raspberries, blueberriesm kiwi, bananas, mandarin ornge sections,
- 1 bag(s)
- sliced almonds
How to Make Fruit Pizza
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Grease a pizza pan or a rectangle pan
- 2Take one package of sugar cookie mix (refrigerated section of the grocery store) press cookie dough into pan to make a thin crust.
- 3Bake at 350 degrees for aproximately 15 to 20 minutes.
Cool on wire rack before adding any toppings.
- 4Meanwhile, mix 1 cup of orange juice, 3/4 cup of sugar and 2 TBL of cornstarch in a small saucepan. Cook on medium high heat stirring constantly until this mixture thickens. Once Thickened, remove from the heat and cool on a wire rack.
- 5Next mix 8 ounces of softened cream cheese, 1 TBL of Vanilla, and 1/3 cup of sugar until smooth and creamy.
- 6When cookie has cooled...spread the cream cheese topping on the top of the cookie.
- 7Now the fun begins....halve the strawberries, and place in any formation on the top of the cream cheese, peel and slice the kiwi...adding to the topping....use raspberries, bananas, blueberries, Mandarine orange sections to create your own design. This can make a great American flag in a rectangle pan. Use any fruit combination that pleases you...I am only giving suggestions.
- 8Once the fruit has been put on the cream cheese topping cover the fruit with a thin layer of the orange juice mixture. If the mixture has thickened too much...just add a little water and thin before adding to the finished pizza. The purpose of the orange juice mixture is to keep the fruit fresh and not turning brown. Plus...it adds flavor.
- 9Do not add the sliced almonds until serving time. They get soggy.
This recipe is best made and served the same day...it can become soggy after 24 hours.