☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 pkgrefrigerated sugar cookie dough
1 Corange juice, frozen concentrate
8 ozcream cheese
2 Tbspcorn starch
1 Tbspvanilla extract
pkgfresh fruits for topping, strawberries, raspberries, blueberriesm kiwi, bananas, mandarin ornge sections,
1 bag(s)sliced almonds
How to Make Fruit Pizza
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Grease a pizza pan or a rectangle pan
- Take one package of sugar cookie mix (refrigerated section of the grocery store) press cookie dough into pan to make a thin crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees for aproximately 15 to 20 minutes.
Cool on wire rack before adding any toppings.
- Meanwhile, mix 1 cup of orange juice, 3/4 cup of sugar and 2 TBL of cornstarch in a small saucepan. Cook on medium high heat stirring constantly until this mixture thickens. Once Thickened, remove from the heat and cool on a wire rack.
- Next mix 8 ounces of softened cream cheese, 1 TBL of Vanilla, and 1/3 cup of sugar until smooth and creamy.
- When cookie has cooled...spread the cream cheese topping on the top of the cookie.
- Now the fun begins....halve the strawberries, and place in any formation on the top of the cream cheese, peel and slice the kiwi...adding to the topping....use raspberries, bananas, blueberries, Mandarine orange sections to create your own design. This can make a great American flag in a rectangle pan. Use any fruit combination that pleases you...I am only giving suggestions.
- Once the fruit has been put on the cream cheese topping cover the fruit with a thin layer of the orange juice mixture. If the mixture has thickened too much...just add a little water and thin before adding to the finished pizza. The purpose of the orange juice mixture is to keep the fruit fresh and not turning brown. Plus...it adds flavor.
- Do not add the sliced almonds until serving time. They get soggy.
This recipe is best made and served the same day...it can become soggy after 24 hours.