How to Make Dehydrated Strawberrys
- For those not aware of the jello method you simply slice the strawberries and roll them in dry jello. then dehydrate as usual. Time depends on thickness, ripeness, and things like the weather outside. usually 6-8 hours but keep checking and turn over after 3 hours and switch trays. This made 2 trays.
- Simply slice as evenly as you can about 1/4 inch thick and coat both sides and start the dehydrator. Mine simply is on or off but if you have temps or are using your oven put it on 135 degrees.
- *NOTE: pick ripe but not over ripe berries and as you cut them put them on a paper towel to start the drying process.
- Use strawberry jello for anything you are adding to cereals in the morning
Use lemon or lime jello for that sweet tart taste for snacking
Use bluesberry jello for a great addition to applesauce
- use a cookie sheet if using a oven and a fruit leather catch if using a dehydrator. Put it on the first row then on the second row start your strawberries. They drip a lot of gooey sap like ooze that will drip through to the motor if you do not