4 mediumgranny /smith apples-peeled, cored and sliced
2 cwhole-berry cranberry sauce 1c. all-purpose flour, plus 1 tbl. flour, divided
1 cold-fashioned rolled oats
2/3 cfirmly pk. brown sugar
1 tspcinnamon, plus 1/2 tsp, divided
10 Tbspbutter, melted
1/2 ctoasted pecans, optional
How to Make Cranberry-Apple Crumble
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix together 1 tbl. flour and 1/2 cinnamon. Toss apple slices in flour mixture and place in a greased 8-9 inch square baking dish.
- Spread the cranberry sauce over the apples.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, and melted butter until crumbly.
- sprinkle over the apples and cranberry sauce, covering completely.
- Bake 45 minutes in the preheated oven or until apples can be easily pierced w/ knife and topping is browned.