Clafoutis (pronounced klah-foo-tee)
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 tspbutter - cultured unsalted
1/4 cheavy cream
1/4 cmilk - whole
1/4 csugar - granulated
1/4 cflour - all-purpose
1/2tahitian vanilla bean
How to Make Clafoutis (pronounced klah-foo-tee)
- Move your oven rack to the middle position and preheat to 350 degrees F.
- Generously butter an 7" tart dish and then arrange the pitted cherries in an evenly spaced fashion.
- Add the eggs, cream, milk, sugar and flour to a blender or small food processor and then scrape the vanilla beans into it as well. Blend until smooth and free of lumps.
- Slowly pour the mixture over the cherries, being careful not to clump the cherries together.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake until puffy and golden brown (about 25-30 minutes).
- Slice and serve hot or at room temperature dusted with powdered sugar.