BAKED PEARS WITH MARSALA-HONEY SYRUP
Recipe & photo: eatingwell.com
- 3/4 c
- marsala wine
- 3/4 c
- warm water
- 1/2 c
- 3 slice
- orange zest (3-inch)
- cinnamon stick
- vanilla bean
- firm ripe bosc or anjou pears, halved lengthwise and cored
How to Make BAKED PEARS WITH MARSALA-HONEY SYRUP
- 1In a 9x13" baking dish, whisk wine, water and honey. Add orange zest and cinnamon stick.
- 2Split vanilla bean, scrape out the sticky black seeds with the tip of a small, sharp knife and add them and the pod to the baking dish. Place the pears cut-side down in the baking dish.
- 3Bake in a preheated 375º oven for 1 to 1-1/4 hours, basting every 15 minutes or so with the wine mixture, until the pears are very tender.
- 4Serve the pears warm, drizzled with the sauce. Enjoy!