Salted Caramel Rice Krispie Treats
Anthony Nicometi Jr
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY PINCHERS!!!
Picture credit: Blogs.Babycenter.com .....I forgot to take a pic....
- 3 Tbsp
- 4 1/2 c
- mini marshmallows
- 6 c
- rice krispie treats
- 1 pkg
- kraft (or no-name) caramel cubes
- 2 Tbsp
- half & half (milk will work too)
- 2 1/2 tsp
- coarse sea salt (i used maldon sea salt. fluer de sel will also work. table salt will not! amount of salt can be lessened to your taste)
How to Make Salted Caramel Rice Krispie Treats
- 1Spray a 9x13 glass pan with non-stick spray. Also spray a rubber scraper.
- 2In a large bowl measure out marshmallows and butter. Microwave for about 2 minutes, until marshmallows are super soft and expanding like crazy lol
- 3Using your now-non-stick rubber scraper, stir the Rice Krispie cereal into the marshmallow mixture. Once well mixed, transfer to the 9x13 pan and gently press in until the treats are as even as possible.
- 4Once they're cooling in the pan, pour the caramel bits into a microwave-safe dish and add the milk. Microwave for about 1 minute. Bits won't necessarily look melted, but once you begin stirring them, they'll run smooth. If they don't, put back in the microwave for another 15 seconds.
- 5Once they're smooth, pour over the Rice Krispie Treats and use your rubber scraper to smooth the caramel over the top until even, Sprinkle on coarse sea salt and let cool completely.
- 6Once cooled, Cute into equal portions and enjoy!! :)