PERFECT Chocolate Chip Cookie
- 2 1/4 c
- 1 tsp
- baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 c
- brown sugar
- 1/2 c
- granulated sugar
- 3/4 c
- unsalted melted butter (about 1 min. in the microwave will do it)
- 1 large
- 1 large
- egg yolk (in addition to whole egg)
- 1 Tbsp
- vanilla extract
- 1 c
- milk chocolate chips (i recommend ghirardelli!!) plus some additional for garnish
How to Make PERFECT Chocolate Chip Cookie
- 1In a large bowl, sift together 2 and 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon baking soda, 1 and 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- 2In another bowl, whisk together 3/4 cup packed brown sugar, 1/2 cup granulated sugar and 3/4 cup melted butter. Whisk until the sugars have dissolved into the butter. Add in the egg and egg yolk, and whisk. Then add in 1 tablespoon vanilla extract.
- 3Pour the wet ingredients into the dry. Use a large wooden spoon to combine the ingredients together. Fold in 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 4Place the dough in a large bowl, cover, and chill in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours. I chilled my dough overnight.
- 5When you’re ready to bake the cookies, pre-heat your oven to 325 degrees. Pull the dough out of the fridge and let it sit for about 10 minutes.
- 6Line baking sheets with parchment paper. The dough is going to be hard, and firm, and a little bit difficult to work with.
- 7Use 3 tablespoons of dough for each cookie. Use your hands to form the dough into balls. Press a few additional chocolate chips onto the top of the dough ball.
- 8Give each cookie a good amount of space on the baking sheets. I was able to fit about 6 cookies per cookie sheet.
- 10Allow the cookies to cool for about 10 minutes before transferring them to wire cooling racks to finish cooling.
- 11These will stay fresh for about 7 days. You will get about 16 cookies from this batch. If you’d like to make them a bit smaller, use 2 tablespoons of dough and bake for 10 minutes.