Pecan Kipferl Crescent Christmas Cookies
- 1 c
- ground pecans (hazelnut may be substituted)
- 2 c
- confectioners' sugar
- 1 c
- (2 sticks) butter softened
- 1 1/2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 2 c
- 1/4 tsp
- chocolate to decorate (optional)
How to Make Pecan Kipferl Crescent Christmas Cookies
- 1If you have a processor, finely grind nuts with 1/4 cup sugar. I don't so I buy it already ground.
- 2In a bowl, on low. beat butter until creamy. Add 1/2 cup of sugar; beat until fluffy. Beat in nut mixture and vanilla. If you bought your nuts already ground add the additional 1/4 cup sugar you would have used to grind the nuts in processor.
- 3Beat in flour, then salt. Chill 1 hour.
- 4Preheat oven to 350. With floured hands, roll level 1 1/2 tsp dough into 3" ropes; shape into crescents. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet.
- 5Bake 12-14 minutes or until lightly bowned on bottoms and edges. Transfer to racks. Let stand until warm.
- 6Sift remaining sugar onto plate. Roll warm cookies in sugar. You must brush the sugar off one end to dip into chocolate. Place on wax paper to set. They are great with just the powdered sugar.
- 7Makes about 5 dozen.
- 8Picture is from Google images.