Pastel Holiday Trees
1/2 cbutter or margarine, softened
1/4-1/2 tsppure almond extract
2 1/4 ccake flour
·red and green food coloring
How to Make Pastel Holiday Trees
- In a small bowl, combine the butter (or margarine) and sugar. Beat by hand until fluffy.
- Add the egg, milk and almond extract and mix well.
- Add the flour and salt and mix well. Dough should be stiff. Chill for at least 2 hours.
- When ready to bake, remove from refrigerator and divide into 3 equal parts. Keep one part "as is", add red food coloring to another part and add the green food coloring to the third part.
- Fill the cookie press: spoon dough into cookie press, alternating colors and form (press) into tree shapes onto ungreased cookie sheet. Decorate with sanding sugar.
- Bake at 375 degrees F. for 8-10 minutes or until edges are just brown. Cool on wire racks.