Oatmeal Raisin Cookies With Cinnamon Chips
- 2 sticks cold butter, cut into chunks
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract or 2 teaspoons imitation vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- dash of salt
- 2 1/2 cups quaker oats (old fashioned or quick)
- 1 cup (each) sun-maid golden raisins, hershey's cinnamon chips and coarsely chopped pecans
How to Make Oatmeal Raisin Cookies With Cinnamon Chips
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place parchment paper on cookie sheets. Combine and sift flour, soda, cinnamon and salt. Add oats; set aside. In large bowl with electric mixer, beat the butter and sugars until creamy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Gradually add the dry ingredients; beating until well combined. Stir in raisins, nuts and chips. Use a cookie scoop or drop dough by rounded tablespoonful onto cookie sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and cool on cookie sheets for 1 minute. Transfer to wire rack and completely.
- 2Vanilla Glaze, Optional:
1 (12 ounce) package Hershey's Premier White Chips
2 tablespoons Crisco Shortening
Place chips and shortening in microwave safe bowl. If you can adjust the heat on your microwave, set at 50%. Stir the mixture at 15 second intervals until melted. Drizzle over cooled cookies. If desired decorate with colored sprinkles for a festive look.
Chocolate Chip: Omit the cinnamon, raisins and cinnamon chips. Stir in 1 (11.5 ounce) package of milk chocolate chips or 1 (10 ounce) package of Nestlé's Holiday Chips.