Oatmeal Carrot Cookies
1 call purpose flour
1 cquick cooking oats
1 tspground cinnamon
1/2 tspground nutmeg
1 tspbaking soda
1/2 cbutter, softened
1/4 cbrown sugar
1/4 cgranulated sugar
1/2 ccarrot, shredded
1/2 ccoconut, flaked, unsweetened
1/2 cdried cranberries (optional-or raisins)
How to Make Oatmeal Carrot Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a cookie sheet with baking parchment.
- In a medium bowl mix the flour, oats, cinnamon, nutmeg and baking soda together.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or in a large bowl if mixing by hand, cream the butter, sugars and egg until light and fluffy.
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix again until well blended.
Stir in shredded carrot, coconut and cranberries and mix well.
- Using 1 tablespoon scoop, drop the dough on the prepared cookie sheet, about 3 inches apart.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown at the edges.
Allow the cookies to cool on wired rack.