Mini M&M Cookies
of chocolate so I decided to
add some chopped chocolate
with the M&M's.
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon imitation butter extract
- 2 teaspoons imitation vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 (12 ounce) bag milk chocolate m&m's minis
- 8 squares (2 ounces) german's sweet chocolate baking bar
How to Make Mini M&M Cookies
- 1In a large bowl, cream the shortening, sugars and extracts. Beat in the eggs. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Gradually, beat the flour mixture into the creamed mixture. Stir in 1 1/2 cups of M&M's, reserving the remaining candy to decorate tops of cookies before baking. Place the German's Chocolate in a Ziploc bag & crush (I used a meat mallet). Add the crushed chocolate to the batter. Chill dough for 2 hours or overnight.
- 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. Using a cookie scoop or spoon, drop dough on cookie sheets about 2" apart. Decorate the tops of the cookies with the remaining M&M's if needed. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are slightly golden. After removing from the oven, leave the cookies on the cookie sheets for 2 minutes. Place on wire rack & cool completely. Makes about 4 dozen cookies.
Note: I didn't use any salt & I never use more than a dash when baking cookies. However, if you prefer to use salt, add it with the dry ingredients.