Jenny's Soft Molasses Cookies
1 cupcrisco all-vegetable shortening
1-1/2 cupsgranulated sugar
1 cupunsulphured molasses
1 tsp.ground cloves
1 tsp.baking soda
1 tsp.baking powder
1 sp.ground cinnamon
1 tsp.ground ginger
1/2 tsp.salt (my daughter omitted this)
1 cup2% milk
5-1/2 cupsunbleached flour
Addtionalgranulated sugar (used to dip bottom of a buttered glass into it)
How to Make Jenny's Soft Molasses Cookies
- Cream together, the shortening and sugar.
- Add the eggs; beating them well.
- Mix in the molasses and the spices.
- Add the milk, mixing it into the creamed mixture.
- Now add the flour, mixing it well into the creamed mixture.
- To make the cookies, use a medium size Pampered Chef Scoop. (The medium scoop is equal to 2 tablespoons.) Scoop cookie dough onto Pampered Chef Baking Stoneware. Drop 8 scoops of cookie dough onto each rectangular stoneware.
- Butter the bottom of a beverage glass, then dip it into the sugar. (Jen used the bottom of a wine glass to flatten the cookie dough.) Flatten cookie dough with the bottom of the glass, to 1/4-inch thick. Each cookie should end up being about 3-inches in size.
- Bake cookies in a 350 degree oven for 12 minutes.
- After removing stoneware from the oven, let cookies set 2-3 minutes on the stoneware, before removing them to a wire rack to cool completely.