Improvised Pretzel Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars
I was watching the Food Network channel and Tricia Yearwood made a no-bake dessert. I couldn’t believe how easy it was to make –the only time involved really is letting it set up in the refrigerator 2-3 hours. I had to improvise a bit as I didn’t have the large pretzel rods like she used, & I only had half as much peanut butter as her recipe called for –so I halved the recipe and used the tiny twisted pretzels. Also used semi-sweet instead of milk chocolate chips.
- 1 c
- creamy peanut butter (or a combination of creamy and crunchy), divided
- 3/4 stick
- (6 tablespoons) butter, softened
- 1 c
- powdered sugar, divided
- 2 c
- 2 cups (roughly broken –into about ½ inch pieces) tiny pretzel twists, divided
- 1 c
- semi sweet morsals, divided
- nonstick cooking spray
- aluminum foil to line baking pan
How to Make Improvised Pretzel Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars
- 1LINE an 8 x 8-inch baking pan with foil leaving an overhang on two sides. Lightly spray foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2BEAT 3/4 cup peanut butter and the butter in large mixer bowl until creamy. Gradually beat in 1/2 cup powdered sugar.
- 3Stir in remaining 1/2 cup powdered sugar, 1-3/4 cup pretzel pieces and 1/2 cup morsels.
- 4Press evenly into prepared baking pan. Smooth top with spatula or back of a tablespoon.
- 5MICROWAVE remaining 1/2 cups morsels and 1/4 cup peanut butter in medium, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 45 seconds; STIR. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted.
- 6Spread peanut butter/chocolate layer evenly over powdered sugar mixture.
Sprinkle with the remaining pretzel pieces, pressing down lightly.
- 7Refrigerate for 2-3 hours or until firm. Lift from pan; peel off foil.
Cut into 20-24 pieces (Depending on size). Store in covered container in refrigerator.