Grandma was born in the late 1800's in Sweden. She was a wonderful baker.
This is a very stiff cookie dough. Also a very fragile cookie when baked. I always let them set a minute or two on the cookie tray when they come out of the oven.
I think this helps.
I hope you enjoy these cookies as much as our family .
How to Make Grandma's Spritz
- Cream butter. Gradually add sugar and mix well.
- Beat in the egg yolks and the almond extract.
- Gradually add the sifted flour.
- Place in a cookie press.
- Arrange similar size shapes on cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes, depending on your oven.
(I have heavy cookie sheets, and in my oven, I bake for 12 minutes.)
- DO NOT OVER COOK. Bake until lightly golden on the edges.
- **** In Swedish tradition, form S's and O's with the star shape in your cookie press.