☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
3 1/4 cflour
1/2 tspbaking soda
2 tspground ginger
1/4 tspground cloves
1 cbutter, softened (salted)
3/4 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
2/3 cpowdered sugar
How to Make Gingerbread Cookies
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Whisk together, in a medium sized bowl, the flour, soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger and the cloves.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar. Scrape down sides of bowl. Add the egg and molasses. Beat on medium speed until smooth. Scrape bowl and add the flour mixture. Blend on low speed just until combined. Do not over mix.
- Separate the dough into 2 balls and flatten them into disks. Wrap each disk separately in plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- On a floured surface roll the disks to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut with cookie cutters. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake 9-11 minutes. Do not brown them. Remove from oven and remove from cookie sheet to a cool flat surface. Ice them if you prefer with the last 2 ingredients. Mix the last 2 ingredients together and ice your cookies.