Gewurz-Knusperchen - Spice Christmas Cookies
2 1/2 cflour (minus 1 tbs)
1 tspbaking powder
1/4 tspcardamon *
1/4 tspcloves *
1 stickbutter, plus 2 tbs
1 cground hazelnut
*NOTEsee comment below on clove and cardamon measures.
How to Make Gewurz-Knusperchen - Spice Christmas Cookies
- Cream butter and sugar together until well blended. Add egg and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl combine all dry ingredients and mix well.
- Gradually add dry mixture to the butter mixture.
- Roll out dough on a floured board to 1/8" thickness. Cut with your favorite shaped cookie cutters and place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 just until edges start to turn a slight brown.
- Cool and decorate as desired.
- Note: These cookies are best when rolled very thin.
- Photo is from Google images.