Fran's Chocolate Chip Cookies
1/2 cshortening, regular or butter flavored
6 Tbspwhite sugar
6 Tbspbrown sugar
1egg, lightly beaten
1 1/8 call purpose flour
1/2 tspbaking soda
1/2 tspvanilla extract
1/2 cchocolate chips, or a mix of white and chocolate (try mini chips!)
1/2 ccoconut or nuts (optional)
How to Make Fran's Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease or cover cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream together shortening, sugars and the lightly beaten egg until fluffy.
- Sift together and then mix in to butter mixture: flour, salt, baking soda.
- Add water and vanilla (sometimes I just add a teaspoon of vanilla instead of 1/2 of each). Mix well. Add in chocolate chips, nuts etc. last. Mix well.
- Drop on cookie sheets in tablespoon sized balls. Bake at 375 for 12 minutes for slightly chewy or 13-14 min for crispy or until light golden brown. let rest on cookie sheet for at least 5 minutes. Move to wire rack to cool. Store in airtight container.