☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 pkg
- white cake mix
- 1/3 c
- butter flavored crisco shortening
- 1/3 c
- butter (do not substitute)
- 1/4 c
- butter flavor crisco shortening
- 4 c
- powdered sugar
- 2-3 tsp
- milk (use only enough for correct consistency)
How to Make Easy Sugar Cookies
- 1In a large bowl, mix all cookie ingredients together well. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 2Preheat oven to 350º
- 3Remove dough from refrigerator and form into a ball. Place ball between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and roll out to about 1/4" thick. Cut out cookies using a cookie cutter and place on ungreased cookie sheet (use spatula if dough is too sticky).
- 4Bake for 8-10 minutes or until very lightly browned (they may look undercooked). Let cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes; remove to a rack and let cool completely. Frost cookies when cool.
In a bowl, mix shortening, powdered sugar, and vanilla; make sure shortening is thoroughly incorporated. Add milk, a couple of tablespoons at a time, until desired consistency is reached. Can add food coloring if desired.