Crisp Sugar Cookies
·1 ½ cups granulated sugar
·1 cup crisco
·3 tablespoons milk
·1 tablespoon vanilla
·3 cups all-purpose flour
·½ teaspoon baking soda
·½ teaspoon salt
·extra sugar for tops of cookies
How to Make Crisp Sugar Cookies
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Put about ½ cup of granulated sugar in a small bowl; Set aside. Note: If you are going to color the sugar for the cookies, add the sugar to bowls and add a little food coloring to the sugar and mix with a fork until well blended.
- Grease the FLAT bottom of a glass with Crisco, and set it in the bowl of sugar. (If using colored sugar, grease a glass for each bowl).
- In a large mixer bowl, cream Crisco and sugar until fluffy
- Beat in eggs, milk, and vanilla.
- Stir in the flour, baking soda and salt; Mix until combined.
- Roll dough into golf ball size balls and place onto a parchment lined cookie sheets.
- Dip the greased bottom of the glass into the sugar, and SLIGHTLY tap the cookie to flatten and coat with sugar. Do this for every single cookie. (You may need to re-grease the glass a time or two as you go along)
- Bake 7-8 minutes. Do not over bake.
- Remove cookies from sheet and cool on a cookie rack. Store cookies in an air tight container.