Crisp Sugar Cookies
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup crisco
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- extra sugar for tops of cookies
How to Make Crisp Sugar Cookies
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Put about ½ cup of granulated sugar in a small bowl; Set aside. Note: If you are going to color the sugar for the cookies, add the sugar to bowls and add a little food coloring to the sugar and mix with a fork until well blended.
- 3Grease the FLAT bottom of a glass with Crisco, and set it in the bowl of sugar. (If using colored sugar, grease a glass for each bowl).
- 4In a large mixer bowl, cream Crisco and sugar until fluffy
- 5Beat in eggs, milk, and vanilla.
- 6Stir in the flour, baking soda and salt; Mix until combined.
- 7Roll dough into golf ball size balls and place onto a parchment lined cookie sheets.
- 8Dip the greased bottom of the glass into the sugar, and SLIGHTLY tap the cookie to flatten and coat with sugar. Do this for every single cookie. (You may need to re-grease the glass a time or two as you go along)
- 9Bake 7-8 minutes. Do not over bake.
- 10Remove cookies from sheet and cool on a cookie rack. Store cookies in an air tight container.