Craisin Pistachio Biscotti
I've changed a few things from the original recipe because it just didn't work right. Here is my version of this festive "Christmas" biscotti. Whether snacking or dunking into a hot cup of cafe au lait, this is sure to bring a smile to your face (and to others if can bear to give them away.)
1/4 cunsalted butter
3/4 cwhite sugar
1 tspvanilla extract
1 1/2 tspalmond extract
2 1/2 call-purpose flour
1 tspbaking powder
1 tspdried orange zest (or 1 tablespoon fresh)
1 cdried craisins or cranberries
1 cpistachio nuts, coarsely chopped if desired
How to Make Craisin Pistachio Biscotti
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until well blended. Mix in the vanilla and almond extracts, then beat in the eggs.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until logs are light brown. Remove from oven, cover with dish towel and set aside to cool for 15 minutes.
Reduce oven heat to 300 degrees F.
- Using a bread knife or serrated blade carefully cut logs on diagonal into 3/4 inch thick slices.
- NOTES: Store in airtight container up to 2 weeks.
If desired melt a good quality baking white chocolate and dip either the bottoms or half of each biscotti, or drizzle with melted dark chocolate. Set on waxed paper to dry.
- To make traditional Almond Biscotti, use 1 cup un-toasted almonds, whole or roughly chopped. Use 2 tsp Almond Extract and 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract. Add 1/4 tsp ground mace or nutmeg. Everything else is the same.