☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, melted
- 2 ¼ cups brown sugar, packed
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 pkg. (12-oz.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup walnut pieces, or pecans
How to Make Congo Bars
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Lightly grease and floured a 13x9x2 inch baking pan; set aside.
- 3In a 3 quart saucepan, melt the butter just until melted.
- 4Whisk in the brown sugar; mix well.
- 5Add in the vanilla and eggs and mix until completely combined.
- 6Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt and mix well.
- 7Stir in the chocolate chips, and nuts. (The batter will be stiff).
- 8Spread batter into the prepared baking pan.
- 9Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes, or until tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
- 10Remove from oven and cool completely before cutting into bars. Store in an airtight container. These freeze well.