☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·2 sticks unsalted butter, melted
·2 ¼ cups brown sugar, packed
·3 cups all-purpose flour
·2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
·½ teaspoon salt
·3 eggs, beaten
·1 tablespoon vanilla
·1 pkg. (12-oz.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
·1 cup walnut pieces, or pecans
How to Make Congo Bars
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease and floured a 13x9x2 inch baking pan; set aside.
- In a 3 quart saucepan, melt the butter just until melted.
- Whisk in the brown sugar; mix well.
- Add in the vanilla and eggs and mix until completely combined.
- Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt and mix well.
- Stir in the chocolate chips, and nuts. (The batter will be stiff).
- Spread batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes, or until tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool completely before cutting into bars. Store in an airtight container. These freeze well.