Cinnamon Shortbread Sticks the Chocolate Dipping F
- 1 1/2 cups sliced almonds
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp.baking powder
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 4 1/2 cups flour
How to Make Cinnamon Shortbread Sticks the Chocolate Dipping F
- 1Preheat oven to 350. Spread sliced almonds on jelly roll pan and toast in oven for 10 to 12 minutes or til golden brown. remove almonds from oven and when cool, chop into very small pieces.
- 2In mixing bowl, beat butter on high for 30 seconds with mixer. Add sugar and beat for another 15 seconds or so.
- 3Whisk together baking powder, cinnamon and salt in small bowl. Blend with butter and sugar.
- 4Separate egg yolks from whites. Add yolks and vanilla. Beat well. Add flour and chopped almonds, mixing thoroughly.
- 5Put dough on lightly floured surface and roll out into a rectangle 1/2 inch thick. Cut in half, making two 3 1/2 inch rectangles. Cut crosswise into 1 inch wide sticks. Put 2 inches apart on ungreased jelly roll pan and bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
Bake til golden and then remove from oven and let cool.
- 6Chocolate Dipping Frosting:
2/3 cup red hot candies
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 Tbsp. shortening
Chop red hots into small pieces an put in shallow bowl. Melt chocolate chips in glass bowl in microwave. Heat for 20 seconds at a time, stirring between til completely melted. Don’t overcook. Add shortening to melted chocolate and stir til smooth. When cookie sticks are cool, frost tops with white chocolate and dip into crushed red hot candies. Chill or allow to completely cool before servings.