Cinnamon (or Cardamon) Butter Cookies
(FYI- Though they look similar to peanut butter cookies, they contain no peanut butter.)
- 2 stick
- butter (margarine is not recommended for this cookie)
- 1 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 tsp
- cinnamon (or cardamon)
- 1/2 c
- powdered sugar
- 1/2 c
- corn starch
- colored sugar
How to Make Cinnamon (or Cardamon) Butter Cookies
- 1Bring butter to room temperature. Cream butter to the consistency of mayonnaise.
- 2Mix and sift flour, p. sugar, and corn starch. Add to butter mixture, creaming constantly.
- 3Add cinnamon.
- 4Chill thoroughly.
- 5Roll into small balls, about 1 inch diameter, and place on cookie sheets. (I use a small Pampered Chef scoop and drop onto parchment covered cookie sheets.) Can also be used in a pastry tube. For best results, do not use air-bake pans.
- 6Flatten with floured tines of a fork. I suggest keeping the dough as cold as possible throughout steps 5 and 6 by working quickly and refrigerating dough when not working with it.
- 7Optional: We add colored sugar to the tops, since we make these during the Christmas season, before baking.
- 8Bake in a 325 degree F oven for approximately 20 minutes, OR until delicately browned. (For best results, watch them carefully to be certain they are slightly browned but only slightly browned. That's when they have the perfect texture (after they cool)!
- 9Cool on wire racks.
- 10Enjoy your tender, delicate, subtly flavored little butter cookies!