Chocolate Macaroon Crescent Bars
These tender bars are easy to make and elegant to serve, and heaven to eat.
If coconut, chocolate, and almonds are your idea of a perfect trifecta,
I know you will enjoy them too!
- 8 oz
- one tube crescent dinner rolls
- 2 c
- 14 oz
- can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
- 1/4 tsp
- almond extract
- 6 oz
- (1 cup) chocolate chips, milk or semi-sweet, your choice
- 2 Tbsp
- peanut butter, or almond butter (well stirred if separated)
- 1/2 c
- almonds, sliced or chopped
How to Make Chocolate Macaroon Crescent Bars
- 1Heat oven to 375〫Grease a 13x9x2 inch baking pan.
Unroll dough into two long rectangles, and place in pan.
Press over bottom and 1/2 inch up sides, to form a crust.
Sprinkle coconut over crust.
- 2Combine almond extract and sweetened condensed milk.
Drizzle over coconut.
Bake at 375〫for 16 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- 3In a small saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate chips; stir in nut butter of choice.
Spread chocolate mixture over bars; sprinkle with almonds.
Chill. To serve, cut into 36 bars.