Chocolate Chunk Blondies (Easy) by Susan
I had planned to use chocolate chips, and couldn't find any, but I did have some Baker's bittersweet baking chocolate squares and improvised with that. Any type of chocolate chip or chunk would work.
1/2 c(1 stick) butter, well-softened
1/2 cbrown sugar
1yellow cake mix (about 16 oz.)
6 ozbittersweet chocolate squares
2/3 cpecans, roughly chopped
How to Make Chocolate Chunk Blondies (Easy) by Susan
- Place chocolate squares in refrigerator for 10 minutes before chopping. When firm, using a large sharp knife, chop the squares into rough chunks. You can also use 6 oz. large chocolate chips for this.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease the bottom and sides of a 10 x 15 x 1” jelly roll pan.
- In large mixing bowl, cream butter and brown sugar well. Beat in eggs one at a time. Stir in cake mix until well blended. Stir in chocolate chunks and pecans. Spread batter into prepared pan. Batter should be very thick, not able to pour. If too thin, add a few tablespoons of flour until batter is similar to a moist cookie dough.
- Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes. Do not over-bake. Cool 10-15 minutes, then slice into 2” squares. Makes 36-40 2” squares.
- NOTE: you can also make these in a 9 x 13” cake pan, but they will be more cake-like. Makes about 32 bars.