Chocolate Chip Butterscotch White Chocolate Cookie
Feel free to use your own personalized combination of chips. Other choices can include butterscotch, (...my favorite!) cinnamon or cappuccino flavored chips.
I also like that it makes quite a lot, allowing me to freeze some or deliver to someone who needs a welcomed surprise! =)
- cup (2 sticks) butter
- cup sugar
- cup brown sugar
- tsp. baking powder
- tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/4
- tsp. salt
- large eggs
- tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 1/2
- cups old fashioned rolled oats
- cup white chocolate chunks or chips
- cups flour
- cup peanut butter chips or butterscotch chips
- cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
- 1 1/2
- cups chopped pecans or walnuts
How to Make Chocolate Chip Butterscotch White Chocolate Cookie
- 1Preheat oven to 350-375 degrees. Lightly grease baking sheet or use parchment. (Recipe says 375 degrees, but my oven bakes hot, so I bake at 350 degrees.)
- 2Beat together butter,sugars, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- 3Using a blender or food processor, process the oats with the white chocolate until the oats are finely ground and the white chocolate is mostly ground.
- 4Add the oats and flour to the butter mixture. Then stir in the peanut butter or butterscotch chips, chocolate chips and chopped nuts.
- 5Drop by tablespoonfuls, 2" apart onto prepared baking sheets.
- 6Bake the cookies for about 11 minutes until they are just set. They may be barely starting to brown around the edges, but the tops won't yet be brown. Don't over bake! Remove from oven and cool.