Chewy Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 stickbutter, room temperature
1 cdark brown sugar, packed
1/2 cgranulated white sugar
3/4 cmashed banana (approx. 2 large bananas)
1 tspbanana extract
1 tspreal vanilla extract
2 2/3 call-purpose flour
1/2 tspbaking soda
1/4 tspbaking powder
1 bag(s)semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips, 12 oz.
1 cchopped pecans, toasted
How to Make Chewy Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chop your pecans (if necessary). Pre-heat the oven to 350 and toast pecans for 5-7 minutes.
- Turn oven down to 300. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Measure flour, soda, salt, and baking powder in a large bowl. Use a whisk to mix well.
- Stir in the nut pieces and the chocolate chips.
- Place softened butter in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add the sugars, extracts, mashed banana, and egg. Beat well.
- Mixture will appear somewhat separated. This is normal.
- Add dry ingredients to the butter mixture.
- Beat on medium speed until well mixed.
- I use a Farber levered ice cream scoop to portion the cookies, 6 to a sheet. Bake for about 25 minutes until deep golden brown. Store in an airtight container with wax paper between the layers. These cookies are moist and chewy and tend to stick together if stacked wihtout paper between.