Carmel Apple Cookies
If you have any tips - let me know!
1/2 bag(s)carmel bits
1 tspbaking soda
3/4 cbrown sugar
1 tspvanilla extract
How to Make Carmel Apple Cookies
- Cream butter.
- Add sugars and blend.
- Add vanilla. Blend.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Gradually beat in dry ingredients.
- Chop apples (or crumble them!) and stir into mix.
- Add carmel bits. Mix to distribute.
- Place mixture into a bowl. Chill for 2 hours (or overnight).
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper (carmel is VERY sticky - so next time I may sprinkle flour on the sheets!).
- Using a teaspoon, drop cookies onto parchment -- allowing 2 inches between cookies (they spread).
- Roll in Chopped Peanuts (OPTIONAL!).
- Bake at 375 for 8-12 minutes (my gas oven likes to play with me!).
- Cool on the baking sheet for at least 5 minutes. I found that peeling the cookies off (take hot parchment paper in hand, turn upside down and peel cookie off) leads to less cookie stuck on the parchment - and a lot of creative swearing as you try to cool your hands down!