1 ccrisco or store brand shortenening -regular flavor
1 cwhite granulated sugar
1 cbrown sugar packed firm
2eggs room temp.
1 Tbspvanilla extract
1 1/2 cap flour
2 cregular oats, not "quick cook"
2 cpecans, in pieces
1 crice crispies (any brand)
1 ccoconut, flaked
How to Make Alabama Cookies
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Cream Crisco and sugars till combines.
- Add Eggs and vanilla extract and beat well on medium speed.
- Combine flour and salt in a separate bowl, then SLOWLY add to creamed mixture till they form a dough.
- By hand add remaining ingredients and stir gently.
- Dollop out by "old fashioned" tablespoons onto a lined cookie sheet for easier cleanup.
- Bake each batch 10-12 minutes
Cool 20 minutes.