2 stickunsalted butter, plus more for greasing
2 tspvanilla extract
2/3 cunsweetened cocoa powder
1/8 tspcayenne pepper
1/2 tspkosher salt
1/2 tspbaking powder
How to Make Mexican Brownies
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a 9 x 13 pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on two sides. Press the paper into the corners of the pan and lightly grease the paper.
- Melt the 2 sticks of butter in a saucepan over medium - low heat; do not boil. Remove from the heat and let cool slightly. Add the sugar, eggs and vanilla to the saucepan and stir until combined.
- Add the cocoa, flour, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, salt and baking powder. Mix until smooth.
- Spread the batter in the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out fudgy, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool in the pan on a rack, then use the parchment paper to lift out the brownies before slicing.