How to Make Hershey Cake
- 1Mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt
- 2In a separate bowl cream together the butter and sugar. Add the egg yokes one at a time mixing well after each. Mix together with the flour mixture. Slowly add the syrup and beat until just blended
- 3With clean beaters, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. Gently fold in the egg whites.
- 4Pour into a greased and floured 9x13 pan and bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes
- 5Let cool completely then frost with your favorite frosting. (I use Duncan Hines Chocolate Fudge, but a nice vanilla frosting works just as well and creates a nice contrast. To make it a little more elegant and different, I have also served it unfrosted and topped with cherry pie filling.