Cheesecake Filled Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
I made them for my son, his g/f, and my grandson for Valentines Day. Altho, they can be made for any occasion by changing the decor on them. Enjoy
12 ozcreamed cheese
1 1/2 cpowdered sugar
3 Tbspcheesecake flavored instant pudding mix
1 1/2 tspvanilla bean extract or 1 vanilla bean split and deseeded
DIPPING AND DECOR
2 lbstrawberries that are grown organically and without pesticides
about 12 ozghirardelli dipping chocolate
·other colors of dipping chocolate for the decor
How to Make Cheesecake Filled Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
- DO NOT WASH STRAWBERRIES! It makes them spoil much faster. Instead, wipe them off with a damp cloth and allow to dry completely. Only use berries that are grown organically and without pesticides. I usually get mine from Farmer's markets or local fields.
With a paring knife, cut thru berries twice in a + pattern..like cutting them in fourths, but not all the way thru to the stem.
- Make filling by whipping all the filling ingredients together. Put into a piping bag with a star tip. Open berry up a little, and squeeze filling in until it's full. Press berry back together so it will hold together while dipping. Chill stuffed berries for about an hour.
- Melt dipping chocolate in Pyrex bowl in the microwave. 45 seconds to start, stir, and melt for 10 - 15 second intervals until completely melted. Do not over heat chocolate or it will seize up.
- Dip each berry in chocolate almost to the stem. Shake off excess and place on parchment lined baking sheet. Melt small ammts of colored chocolate to decorate the tops. Chill and enjoy!
- Note: they can sometimes get a little weepy on the bottom. This is bcuz the berry has been cut into to fill it. To remedy this, I wipe off the dampness with a paper towel and dip the bottom in a puddle of chocolate or white chocolate to seal them. I had white melted, so used that.