Toasted Coconut Fudge - Dee Dee's
Diane Hopson Smith
As I was making my Fast and Easy Chocolate Fudge I thought about how good it might be if I add toasted coconut. One thought led to another and I ended up making a white fudge that I added toasted coconut to. If you love coconut, I think you will love this fudge. It's a little softer than my chocolate fudge but still wonderful!
Hope you enjoy!
- 2 c
- 1/2 c
- butter (1 stick)
- 12 large
- marshmallows (not the gaint ones and not the mini ones)
- 2/3 c
- coconut milk, (i used unsweetened/first pressing) you can used evaporated milk
- 16 oz
- vanilla or white chocolate chips
- 1 tsp
- coconut extract
- 1 1/2 to 2 c
- toasted coconut (i toasted sweetened flakes and toasted them on the stove top)
How to Make Toasted Coconut Fudge - Dee Dee's
- 1Butter and 9 X 12-in dish; set aside.
- 2Combine sugar, butter, marshmallows, coconut milk and salt in a large sauce pan. Over a medium heat; stirring constantly bring to a boil.
- 3Remove from heat and stir white chocolate chips and coconut extract into hot mixture; stir until melted. Add toasted coconut; stir until mixed well and pour into prepared dish. Cool completely before slicing (I put pan in the fridge for about 1 hour before cutting). Cut when firm. This is a softer fudge
- 4NOTE: I used "A Taste of Thai" Unsweetened/First Pressing coconut milk.
- 5TOASTING COCONUT FLAKES: In a large non-stick skillet over a medium heat, add desired about of coconut flakes. NOTE: If using sweetened flakes watch extremely close as sugar will burn rather quickly. Stir constantly until a light golden brown. Remove from heat and cool completely.