Special “K” Bars
How to Make Special “K” Bars
- 1Lightly butter a 13X9 inch pan ( for thicker bars use a 9x9 pan); set aside.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, mix sugar and Karo syrup. Microwave on high for 2-3 minutes, or just until sugar is dissolved. NOTE: Remove immediately after the sugar is dissolved. Do not let BOIL. This will over cook the mixture and cause the bars to be hard as concrete when they set up.
- 3Remove bowl from microwave; add peanut butter to the sugar mixture and stir until smooth.
- 4Stir in the cereal; mix well.
- 5Put the mixture into the prepared pan and pat the mixture firmly into the pan. (Using a lightly buttered piece of waxed paper works great for patting down the mixture in the pan).
- 6In a medium bowl, combine the chocolate and butterscotch chips and microwave for about 2 minutes or until melted; stirring once or twice during the process.
- 7Pour/spread over top of cereal mixture. Refrigerate just long enough to set the chips. Remove, and cut into bars.