Pop Rock Candy Cane Marshmallows
1 pkg6oz. brachs 12 peppermint candy canes
1 pkg10 oz. great value marshmallows
1 pkg24 oz(1 lb;8 oz) plymouth pantry almond bark candy coating-white(vanilla)
pkg6 or more small pkgs pop rocks-candy cane flavor or other flavors
How to Make Pop Rock Candy Cane Marshmallows
- Unwrap candy canes and break up and put a small amount in a electric chopper and crush the candy canes into small fine pcs and put into a container and set aside.
- In a small container,empty all the pkgs of pop rocks and set aside.
- Get out a 9 x 13 pan and line with tin foil and set aside.
- Put your marshmallows in a medium sized bowl and set aside.
- `Sauce Pan method for the almond bark-Place desired amount in sauce pan. Melt over very low heat about 8 minutes stirring until smooth.Note: Do not overheat. Overheating will cause product to scorch or caramelize. Use only dry utensils for melting or stirring. Moisture could cause the coating to solidify or seperate.
- Take your pan to the counter top with other ingredients that are set aside. Take marshmallows one by one and begin to dip in the melted candy coating and make sure the whole marshmallow is covered and then place on the pan. Keep doing this until all marshmallows are covered. Now,with a spoon sprinkle on the crushed candy canes and candy cane flavored pop rocks.
- place into the fridge until set. I used a pan and a 2 large plates and put in my freezer to set faster. about 25 minutes,check on them, they may set soon than the time I mentioned.
- Once the candy is set, place the candy in a plastic container and place in the fridge until you are ready to enjoy them.
- My tips- You can use dark chocolate candy coating too.