Old-Fashioned Potato Candy w/ Peanut Butter
- potato, peeled
- 1 Tbsp
- vanilla extract
- 6 c
- confectioners' sugar, or more as needed
- 1 c
- peanut butter, or more to taste
YOU CAN ADD A TEASPOON OF VANILLA IF YOU LIKE, BUT YOU DON’T HAVE TO. Y’ALL KNOW I LIKE THINGS AS SIMPLE AS POSSIBLE. YOU CAN ALSO LEAVE THE PEANUT BUTTER OUT AND JUST ROLL IT INTO BALLS, BUT OH MY GOODNESS, I LOVE THE PEANUT BUTTER!
How to Make Old-Fashioned Potato Candy w/ Peanut Butter
- 1Place potato into a pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until very tender, about 30 minutes. Drain. Transfer potato to a large bowl and mash until smooth. Stir vanilla extract into mashed potato.
- 2Stir confectioners' sugar gradually into mashed potato until consistency is like cookie dough; add more confectioners' sugar if candy is too runny.
- 3Sprinkle a large piece of waxed paper with confectioners' sugar and roll potato candy out into a rectangle 1/4 inch thick. Spread peanut butter onto candy. Roll candy and peanut butter into a tight spiral; wrap candy log in waxed paper. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour. Cut into slices to serve.