☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/2 cunsalted butter, melted
1 1/4 cgraham cracker or saltine crumbs
1 cpeanut butter, smooth or chunky
1 cconfectioner's sugar
1 cdark chocolate morsels
2 Tbsppeanut butter, smooth
1 tspvegetable shortening
3/4 ccrisp rice cereal
How to Make No Bake Peanut Butter Crack Bars
- Line the bottom of an 8 x 8 inch square pan with parchment or aluminum foil.
- Mix the melted butter with the cracker crumbs, the one cup peanut butter and confectioner's sugar. Turn into prepared pan and spread evenly in pan. Chill for about 1 hour.
- Place chocolate morsels, 2 tbs peanut butter and shortening in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute. Stir until mixture is smooth. You may have to return the bowl to the microwave for another 15-20 seconds if morsels are not completely melted.
- Add the rice cereal to the chocolate mixture, stirring to coat well.
- Spread on top of chilled peanut butter mixture and return to refrigerator to chill until firm, about 3 hours.
- When well chilled, cut into 9 bars.