Microwave Peanut Caramel Bars
- caramels ( i used one 11 oz. package and about 1/3 of another)
- 1/4 c
- 3/4 c
- peanut butter, divided
- 4 c
- 1 c
- salted peanuts
- 1 c
- semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 c
- butter, softened
How to Make Microwave Peanut Caramel Bars
- 1In a large microwave-safe bowl, heat caramels, water, and 1/2 cup of the peanut butter on HIGH for 1 minute and 30 seconds. Stir well and microwave 1-2 minutes longer or until melted. Stir well.
- 2Add cereal and peanuts; stir until coated.
Spread into a greased 9x13 pan. Set aside.
- 3In another microwave-safe bowl, heat chocolate chips, butter, and remaining peanut butter on HIGH for 30-60 seconds, or until melted. Stir well.
Spread evenly over the cereal mixture.
Refrigerate before cutting.
Microwave ovens vary, so cooking time may as well.
I keep these in the fridge, because at room temp they tend to get too soft.