Halloween Spooky Eyeballs
These take a little time to make. Also, you must work quickly applying the red food coloring for the veins because the bark sets up fairly quick. The coating needs to be a bit soft so the red coloring can be sort of embedded in the coating. You can also use red gel or red tinted bark to pipe on the veins after the candy has set, instead.
·1½ sticks butter, unsalted
·1½ cups of creamy peanut butter
·4 cups powdered sugar
·1 bag of plain chocolate mini m&m's
·24 ounces of vanilla almond bark
·red food coloring, red decorating gel, or tinted bark
·¼-½ cup melted chocolate chips
How to Make Halloween Spooky Eyeballs
- In a large microwave safe mixing bowl, combine the butter and peanut butter. Melt mixture in the microwave for about 2 minutes until butter and peanut butter is melted; stir the mixture a few times during the microwaving process to combine ingredients.
- Remove the bowl from the microwave and stir in the powdered sugar. You may need to use your hands to thoroughly incorporate it.
- Roll the mixture into small 1-inch balls while mixture is still warm. If mixture becomes too crumbly, put the bowl back into the microwave and warm it up some more.
- Place balls on 2 cookie sheets lined with wax paper. Refrigerate or freeze for about 30 minutes. Meanwhile….
- Melt the vanilla almond bark in a double boiler.
- Bring out one cookie sheet of peanut butter balls at a time. Using a tooth pick, dip peanut butter ball in the coating and then gently tap the ball on the side of the pan to remove excess coating. Then Use a small knife to try and scrape a little of the excess coating off the bottom to help prevent a big glob on the bottom. Place ball back on cookie sheet and twist the toothpick gently to remove it.
- Gently press an M&M on top of the toothpick hole while coating is still warm.
- Using a tooth pick, dip it into red coloring and add squiggly lines into coating to make blood shot eyes. (you can use some prepared red icing out of a tube, if you wish)
- Melt the chocolate chips in a small microwave safe bowl. Using a toothpick, dot the centers of each M&M. Chill candy on a cookie sheet until firm. Store in an air tight container.