1 cwhite sugar
3 Tbsphot water
1 Tbspcorn syrup, light
1 tspvanilla extract
3-4hershey's candy bars
1 cchopped nuts ( almonds, pecans or a mix)
How to Make English Toffee
- Place butter, sugar, water and corn syrup in a heavy pan. Use a candy thermometer and cook over medium high heat to the hard crack stage stirring constantly to prevent burning and sticking. (295 degrees F.)
- Remove from heat and add vanilla.
- Spread on a cookie sheet or jelly roll pan that has been greased with butter.
- Break Hershey's candy bars over the toffee base and let melt. Spread the chocolate over the toffee base.
- Sprinkle the nuts over the chocolate and place pan in the freezer to cool.
- Once candy has cooled (about 15 minutes) break candy into bite sized pieces.