☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 1/2 csugar
1/2 clight corn syrup
2 largeegg whites
1/2 cpecans, chopped optional
1/2 ccherries optional
How to Make Divinity
- In a 2 quart saucepan combine sugar, corn syrup, water, and salt.
- Cook to hardball stage, (260 degrees), stirring only until sugar dissolves.
- Meanwhile, as temperature of syrup reaches 250 degrees, beat egg white till stiff peaks form.
- When syrup reaches 260 degrees, very gradually add the syrup to egg whites, beating at high speed with electric mixer.
- Add vanilla and beat until candy holds its shape, 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in the chopped nuts or cherries, if desired.
- Quickly drop candy from a teaspoon onto waxed paper, swirling the top of each piece.
- Let cool.
- The trick is to make sure you reach the temperature to hard ball stage. If it's not hard enough you will have icing and if it's too hard than you will have divinity brittle.