Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1½ sticks butter, unsalted
- 1½ cups of creamy peanut butter
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- chocolate coating:
- 4 pieces of almond bark
- 1 12-oz. pkg. of milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
How to Make Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls
- 1In a large microwave safe mixing bowl, combine butter and peanut butter. Melt in the microwave for about 2 minutes or until butter and peanut butter is combined. Stir the mixture a few times during the microwaving process.
- 2Remove the bowl from the microwave and stir in the powdered sugar. You may need to use your hands to thoroughly incorporate it.
- 3Roll the mixture into small balls while mixture is still warm. If mixture becomes too crumbly, put the bowl back into the microwave and warm it up some more.
- 5Dip peanut butter balls into chocolate coating.
- 6Chocolate Coating:
- 7Melt all coating ingredients in a small mixing bowl in the microwave just until melted; stirring often.
- 8Put the bowl of melted chocolate on top of a small saucepan filled with a little bit of water on low heat. This will keep your chocolate warm. (If you have a double boiler, you can use that instead of melting the chocolate and bark in the microwave)
- 10Place ball back on cookie sheet and twist the toothpick gently to pull it out. Using the toothpick, swirl the chocolate a bit over the tooth pick hole to cover it.
- 11Chill to set the chocolate. Store the candy in an air-tight container in the refrigerator. These also freeze well.