Chocolate Covered Coconut Balls
- 1-1/2 sticks butter, unsalted
- 1 15 ounce can cream of coconut ( i use coco lopez)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 5-2/3 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 16-oz. bag of flaked coconut
- 4 squares almond bark
- 1 24-oz. bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
How to Make Chocolate Covered Coconut Balls
- 1In a large microwave safe bowl, add the butter and microwave just until melted.
- 2Stir in the Cream of Coconut and vanilla. Mix well.
- 3Then add the confectioners’ sugar and coconut. Mix quickly with a large spoon. You may have to use your hands to get in there and mix it up good.
- 4Cover with plastic wrap and store in the coldest part of refrigerator for a few hours or overnight. The coconut mixture needs to be firm, and cold enough to roll into balls so they will hold their shape.
- 5Remove bowl of candy mixture from refrigerator and shape candy into 1-inch balls. Place coconut balls on a cookie sheets lined with wax paper. (You’ll need 2 cookie sheets) Place in freezer for 15-30 minutes or in the refrigerator for an hour to chill completely.
- 6Meanwhile, in a double boiler (or make shift double boiler) melt the chocolate pieces and almond bark; stir until smooth and creamy.
- 7. Bring out 1 cookie sheet of candy at a time to coat. Place a tooth pick in each piece of candy. Dip the candy into the chocolate, gently shaking excess chocolate off the candy.
- 8Place coated candy back onto the cookie sheet that is lined with the wax paper. Gently twist the tooth pick out and smooth over a bit of chocolate over the toothpick hole for a neater appearance.
- 9When first sheet of candy has been coated, place back into the refrigerator to harden.
- 10Repeat procedure with second sheet of candy .
- 11When candy has set, store in an airtight container and keep in refrigerator.