Chocolate Covered Cherries
2 cpowdered sugar (or more to get thicker consistency)
1/4 cbutter, melted
1/4 csweetened condensed milk
1pinch of salt
1 jar(s)small maraschino cherries
112 oz. package of chocolate chips
1/8to 1/4 block of paraffin
How to Make Chocolate Covered Cherries
- Mix first 5 ingredients until smooth and creamy. Make sure it is thick enough to wrap around a cherry.) Refrigerate until firm.
- Spread out the drained cherries on a cookie sheet and freeze for at least 1 hour.
- Scoop out about 1-2 teaspoon of filling; flatten slightly in palm of your hand and form into a ball around a cherry. Put back in fridge or freezer for a few minutes.
Place on a wax paper lined cookie sheet and freeze for 1 hr after you have formed them all.
- Dip frozen cherry/fondant ball into melted chocolate/paraffin mixture until covered. Let the chocolate set and then store in an airtight container.
- NOTE: The center of the bon bon will become more liquid after a few days of being made.