Chocolate Covered Cherries
- 2 c
- powdered sugar (or more to get thicker consistency)
- 1/4 c
- butter, melted
- 1/4 c
- sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp
- pinch of salt
- 1 jar(s)
- small maraschino cherries
- 12 oz. package of chocolate chips
- to 1/4 block of paraffin
How to Make Chocolate Covered Cherries
- 1Mix first 5 ingredients until smooth and creamy. Make sure it is thick enough to wrap around a cherry.) Refrigerate until firm.
- 2Spread out the drained cherries on a cookie sheet and freeze for at least 1 hour.
- 3Scoop out about 1-2 teaspoon of filling; flatten slightly in palm of your hand and form into a ball around a cherry. Put back in fridge or freezer for a few minutes.
Place on a wax paper lined cookie sheet and freeze for 1 hr after you have formed them all.
- 4Dip frozen cherry/fondant ball into melted chocolate/paraffin mixture until covered. Let the chocolate set and then store in an airtight container.
- 5NOTE: The center of the bon bon will become more liquid after a few days of being made.