Chocolate Amaretto Almond Truffles
Blue Ribbon Recipe
These are a fabulous little treat! The amaretto and chocolate go together so good and the crunch of the almonds on the outside is a nice touch. Package these in a clear baggie, and they'll make an impressive Christmas gift for friends. The Test Kitchen
- 12 oz. package of good quality milk chocolate chips
- 1/3 c
- heavy whipping cream
- 3 Tbsp
- amaretto liqueur
- 3 Tbsp
- almond paste
- finely choppped almonds
How to Make Chocolate Amaretto Almond Truffles
- 1Place chocolate chips into a glass mixing bowl and put aside.
- 2In a small saucepan, combine heavy whipping cream, Amaretto, and almond paste. Stir well, making sure to fully blend the almond paste into the mix. Heat to a boil and then remove from heat.
- 3Pour hot cream mixture into bowl of chocolate chips. Let sit for 3-5 minutes. Slowly start stirring the chocolate and cream until all of the chocolate is melted and the cream has been thoroughly mixed. It should be smooth.
- 4Place plastic wrap over bowl and tuck down the inside to place right on the mixture. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- 5Once solid, scoop out 1 to 2 tsp. of the chocolate and roll into balls. Keep your hands cold if you can to prevent chocolate from melting. When you have finished rolling all of it into balls, wash and dry your hands and roll each ball into the finely chopped almonds. Store in an airtight container and keep in the fridge for up to one week.
- 6NOTE: I just made these and forgot to get the almond paste at the store. I used almond extract instead and it worked out just fine. Test the flavor after the Amaretto and 1 tsp. of almond extract. Use more extract for more flavor.