All my family, friend, and coworkers looked forward to these at Christmas time. They were so popular that I only make them for Christmas. I make at least a double batch every year.
- 3 lb
- powdered sugar
- 2 1/2 lb
- jiff peanut butter
- 1 lb
- blue bonnet margine
- 24 oz
- hershey cholate bars
How to Make Buckeyes
- 1Mix melted butter, peanut butter, and powdered sugar together in a large mixing bowl
- 2Once completely mixed together, roll into balls the size you like.
- 3As you are rolling the balls, place them in a 9 X 13 container which can be sealed and placed in the freezer. I place wax paper between each row to make it easier to separate when it comes time to dip the balls into chocolate.
- 4When you are ready to dip the balls in chocolate:
In a double boiler melt 24 oz of Hershey chocolate bars and 3/4 bar of Parawax.
- 5Once melted, using a toothpick dip ball into chocolate leaving a bit of peanut butter showing.
- 6As you dip each ball, place it on a wax paper lined cookie sheet. I place in freezer to "set" the chocolate.
- 7After the chocolate covered balls are "set" I place them in air tight containers and refrigerate.