Winter Squash Bread
1 cbutter, softened
3 call purpose flour
1 tspbaking powder
1 tspground cinnamon
1 tspground cloves
1 1/2 ccooked, winter squash puree
1 tspvanilla extract
3/4 cchopped walnuts or pecans
How to Make Winter Squash Bread
- preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine next 7 ingredients; add to creamed mixture alternately with pumpkin, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Stir in vanilla and pecans.
- Spoon into 2 greased small loaf pans or one large one.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour.
- Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans and cool completely on wire racks.