Sugar Free Chocolate Pound Cake
Rose Mary Mogan
Just a small appreciation gift to say thank you. She has several members in her family that are diabetic so she appreciated the gesture.
That made 2 cakes I baked today, & gave both of them away. I added a bit of coffee flavoring & coffee granules to the batter to enhance the chocolate flavor, & I used half & half to give it a much richer flavor, than it would have had, if I had used just water. Then I added some cherry pie filling in the recessed area, because I used my Maryann Cake pan. It worked perfectly.
- 1 box
- sugar free pillsbury devil's food chocolate cake mix
- 1 1/4 c
- half & half or evaporated milk
- 1/2 c
- canola or vegetable oil
- 3 large
- eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/2 tsp
- coffee flavoring or extract
- 2 tsp
- instant coffee granules crushed finely
- 1 can(s)
- cherry pie filling (use the less sugar variety if desired)
How to Make Sugar Free Chocolate Pound Cake
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. This is the Mariann Cake pan that I used, it is a 10 cup capacity pan large enough to hold a 2 layer cake mix. I purchased it on line from Amazon. If you do not have a cake pan with the recessed bottom, you can bake it in 2 pans and add the filling between the layers if desired or split the cake in half & add the filling. May need 2 cans if you want to add it on top as well.
- 4Remove from oven allow to sit for 10 minutes and then invert onto a baking rack or cake platter and allow to cool completely, then add cherry pie filling to the recessed area. Chill until you are ready to serve. In lieu of cherry pie filling can dust lightly with powdered sugar, and top with whipped cream and fresh fruit if desired.